5 Reasons to Choose Maryland Summer Jazz Camp
Jun 3, 2009, 15:27
Session 1 July 22-24
Session 2 July 29-31
1. There are lots of jazz camps out there. This is not a kid's camp. It's for gifted adult amateurs, semi-pros and educators who want to get their chops up.
2. Our faculty includes nationally and internationally recognized jazz artists; you'll learn from them and play with them in workshops, jams and public concerts!
3. Younger players can meet and play with jazz professors from many different university jazz programs in one place.
4. Past students and faculty rate us as the best camp of this kind in the Mid-Atlantic Region and one of the finest in the nation.
5. Now in our fifth year, we are young enough to innovate and old enough to know what works.
Students tell us they learn more in our intensive three day camp than they do in a week at other camps!
Among the faculty -Trumpet sensation Ingrid Jensen, and venerated horn player Tom Williams. Seven string guitar star Steve Herberman and Berklee School of Music professor Tim Miller are at the top of their game. Three bass men will bring the bottom way over the top: James King, Tom Baldwin and Pepe Gonzalez lend their unique talents and skills. See the Faculty page of our web site for a full roster and bios. Prepare to be impressed!
Musicians and Vocalists - Find the inspiration and support you need with help from the pros! Learn, play and improvise in small combos, grouped by skill level. It's the best way to get better. Just ask all our former students who are out gigging.
Sign up for one or two sessions or audit for $175 a day.
Tuition: one session: $544
Tuition: two sessions: $900
Includes scrumptious lunches and free tee shirts.
Musical Families - Take advantage of our 10% Family Discount for parents and teens, siblings, or husbands and wives.
Military Personnel will also receive a 10% discount.
Location: Saint Mark Presbyterian Church in Rockville. It's cool and beautiful with plenty of free parking.
To register visit www.marylandsummerjazz.com or call Artistic Director Jeff Antoniuk @ 410-295-6691. Deadline: June 30, but we book up early - don't wait.
Come out for our four evenings of public concerts! July 21, 23, 24, 31.
Tickets from www.instantseats.com
Catch the best season ever of Maryland Summer Jazz!
2005 A Division of Premier Multimedia Group, LLC. All Rights Reserved.